The new 27,000 square foot Upper School building at Seabury Hall fits naturally into the sloping Hawaiian topography. It plays a supporting role along the new entrance promenade to Cooper House, a gracious 1929 home designed by renowned local architect C. W. Dickey. Two stepped courtyards connect to the landscape and open to the promenade exposing the activities of the school. One is a one-story math/science courtyard and the other, a two-story humanities/foreign language courtyard. All classrooms open directly onto outdoor covered walkways. A combination of low and high windows allows cross-ventilation and provides ample daylight, reducing energy costs.
|Type||New Classroom Building|